Saturday, June 11, 2011

Meeting with a view

My business partner Joyce and I had to go to a meeting in Secret Cove on the Sunshine Coast (which is actually the mainland but you have to take a ferry to get there) on Friday.  It's a long way to go for a meeting and we were not really looking forward to going.  It was a wrap-up of the last conference we did as well as a planning  meeting for next year so for the sake of the contract we had to go. One of our colleagues has moved up to Secret Cove and built a house and she wanted to host the day ...... so off we went.

I love the ferry - its such an egalitarian way to travel - there is only one class of travel.  Such a diverse group of people use the various ferries in the marine highway system it is always so fascinating to watch the people.

We met up with some colleagues on the ferry and drove the rest of the way together.

We had a productive day but I had to sit with my back to the window as the view our colleague has is magnificent and if I lived there I would sit and stare at the view all day long!  This colleague had an older house in Vancouver that had SO much personality.  She has amazing art and lots of collections of things and she put her home together so beautifully - I always loved being in her house - I felt like it told such a story of a rich and full life. It was so lovely to see that in the brand new house, just built, she has re-created that same sense of herself and her sense of design and style. It is a charming and delightful new space, just perfect for her.

Here a few pictures of what surrounded us as we met....... I couldn't help but feel a little envious of her new life in Secret Cove.... and I won't complain if we have to go there again!

View from the front

View across Secret Cove

A beautiful house on the point

The deck on which I would sit for hours

Charming kitchen

Lovely LivingRoom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disrupted

It's been a CoVID while since I was in this space.  I'm here today to muse about disruption.  I am feeling disrupted.  I don&#...