Monday, September 19, 2011

Girls Just wanna Have Fun........

So the girls and I headed out on a rainy Saturday morning to the soundtrack Juli burned for us and with HOT coffee on board and great tunes we sang our way through the Border and into our weekend getaway!

I took relatively few photos this weekend and those I did take are...... well........um....... NOT going on FB or this blog.......although some are hysterically funny but in a "you had to be there" kind of way.

We did all the things we planned to - we shopped , we ate good food, drank coffee and wine, sang, walked, slept (sort of), found EVERY bathroom between here and Seattle and came home to families we missed and who missed us.

But most of all we talked and laughed - ALOT!  I cried more tears of laughter in 24 hours than I have in 24 months - more than once, in the middle of hysterical laughter someone yelled "Don't crash the car Nicky, don't crash the car" !  I managed to keep the heavy laden M5 on the road but is was close a few times.....one of the quotable quotes we recorded this weekend was after taking the spooning photos on the king size bed in the hotel room I said "My tears are in my ears" and they were rolling out of my eyes and into my ears......

And just as quickly the conversation can become very serious and vulnerable and things of the heart are shared and everyone tells their story on the topic and bonds grow deeper between us.

And then the laughter returns with hoots and hollers......

I am so grateful for the opportunity to talk with other women about the things that make us tick...... I am grateful for the stories the girls shared and told and and grateful to have been heard.....

I think we all felt we'd had alot of fun - sometimes silly jumping on beds, spooning, soap art on mirrors, underwear flinging fun, also fun shopping for our families, our homes, ourselves..... and fun from the deep sisterhood of shared stories...........

We are all looking forward to doing it again!

This is for you girls - with my thanks for an EPIC weekend.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disrupted

It's been a CoVID while since I was in this space.  I'm here today to muse about disruption.  I am feeling disrupted.  I don&#...