ARGH.... I was going to write a weighty post on power and control but every time I write a sentence I find it somehow relating the events above and totally killing my train of serious thought so I am giving up......I will write it another day when I am less tired and the event so of last night are no longer to fresh in my mind......and I can stop giggling.
I give in to the craziness that parenting boys can be...... good thing it is also so rewarding!
Things a Mother Would Never Say to her Son:
- How on earth can you see the TV sitting so far back?
- Yeah, I used to skip school a lot, too
- Just leave all the lights on ... it makes the house look more cheery
- Let me smell that shirt -- Yeah, it's good for another week
- Go ahead and keep that stray dog, honey. I'll be glad to feed and walk him every day
- Well, if Timmy's mom says it's OK, that's good enough for me.
- The curfew is just a general time to shoot for. It's not like I'm running a prison around here.
- I don't have a tissue with me ... just use your sleeve
- Don't bother wearing a jacket - the wind-chill is bound to improve
Things Dad will Never Say to his Son:
- Well, how 'bout that?... I'm lost! Looks like we'll have to stop and ask for directions.
- I noticed that all your friends have a certain "up yours" attitude ... I like that.
- Here's a credit card and the keys to my new car -- GO CRAZY.
- What do you mean you wanna play football? Figure skating not good enough for you, son?
- Your Mother and I are going away for the weekend ... you might want to consider throwing a party.
- Well, I don't know what's wrong with your car. Probably one of those doo-hickey thingies -- you know -- that makes it run or something. Just have it towed to a mechanic and pay whatever he asks.
- No son of mine is going to live under this roof without an earring -- now quit your belly-aching, and let's go to the mall.
- Whaddya wanna go and get a job for? I make plenty of money for you to spend.
- Father's Day? aahh -- don't worry about that -- it's no big deal.
We love you David "Metal Belly" Byres