Friday, March 11, 2011

Happy/Sad

I am heading home from Alaska today and I can't wait to see my little family - I have missed them SO much.  Lindsay had her first rugby match which I was so sad to miss (and am thankful she survived).  I will be very happy to see them all.
BUT
going home means leaving here and that will be sad.......
It has been wonderful to get to know this family (and this place).  These are 6 GREAT nieces and nephews and 2 amazing parents and a very busy house.  Hard to imagine another baby still to come.......
And this vast snowy frozen land........It does feel so far away from anywhere........
So Mom and I are managing our emotions today with hearts tugged in two opposite directions - a modern day story of so many families in this world of global travel and economies...... hoping that personal teleporting is in the near future so we can pop back here for coffee and biscotti whenever we need a Gates Family Fix.  Thinking of those with families far away in Japan...........

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disrupted

It's been a CoVID while since I was in this space.  I'm here today to muse about disruption.  I am feeling disrupted.  I don&#...