Friday, June 29, 2012

Farewell

 
 
“Farewell," they cried, "Wherever you fare till your eyries receive you at the journey's end!" That is the polite thing to say among eagles.

"May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks," answered Gandalf, who knew the correct reply.”
 
JRR Tolkien

For Allan - 

Who says "Farewell" today:
to a job well done and well loved, 
to colleagues who have been mentors and some who have become friends, 
to students whose lives have been changed and who enriched his teaching...... 
to a place he lived and worked his vision and values and passion.  

So proud of the man and the teacher you are.
 
I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disrupted

It's been a CoVID while since I was in this space.  I'm here today to muse about disruption.  I am feeling disrupted.  I don&#...