Sunday, September 23, 2012

A Sunday Reflection on light

Sun light, electric light and The Light of the World.

Walking a reluctant puppy before dawn everyday has worn me down..... it seems ridiculous that that extra half hour less (?) I sleep makes such a difference.....and I was counting on the exercise giving me energy but alas....although my pants have quietened down quite a bit :)...... I am tired.  TBH, as my teenager would say, it's all the emotional/mental energy that is so weary making, and the constant vigilance.

We are making some progress, especially with Allan and I team walking him and he is only 12 weeks old.  Holding on to the hope he will happily walk along side us any week soon.

The weekend mornings are actually lovely - the dawn breaks as we are walking and we have more time to stop and enjoy the sights.  On Saturday we saw three racoons fishing on the mud banks of the low river tide, herons, geese, our Steveston resident swan pair......

I have taken lots of photos this week so I decided to take photos with the subject "light" this morning.  My point and shoot doesn't do well in low light (like dawn) but I am trying different settings and I had fun trying some different ways of approaching light this morning. 

Some "light" shots. Click on the photos to see them larger.








 






And then we went to church, our new church......an Anglican Church.  I am so enjoying the liturgy again.....and the hymns.....feeling very happy and at peace in this new congregation.  I reflected on the Light of the World as I reaffirmed my faith with these age old words.
I believe in God, the Father almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died and was buried;
he descended into hell;
on the third day he rose again from the dead;
he ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty;
from there he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church,
the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen
  
After a puppy weary, work weary, chore weary afternoon, Lindsay made dinner and we headed to Garry Point and witnessed a spectacular sun set.......a lovely way to cap my day of light....






And some special light effects to end the day.......off to bed I am.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disrupted

It's been a CoVID while since I was in this space.  I'm here today to muse about disruption.  I am feeling disrupted.  I don&#...