Sunday, October 28, 2012

500

 
I have long anticipated this post and when it finally arrived I struggled to find a way to approach it.  In the end I decided to just let it be what it is - my 500th blog post!

It's a milestone I would never have dreamed possible when I wrote this back in December 2010
  
What have I done?????
I just created a blog...... I didn't mean to...... I am not sure I have time to........ YIKES!!!   I have been a blog-stalker for ages and I love the way people chronicle their lives, ordinary lives, and muse about things big and small.  My life is so full already with family and friends and work and 2 jobs other than my "real" job and stuff.... lots of stuff.  Could this be a way to find something for me in the middle of this? - could I let the frustrated writer within me out?..... will it become a monster?  OK so within the first paragraph you already know I over think just about everything.  So I'm diving in.... let's just see where this goes!!

I can honestly say I have enjoyed just about everything about blogging.  Coming up with ideas to write about has mostly come easily.  I have seldom found it to be a burden although I do think about it alot and filter my world a little bit according to what is "blogable".  I have managed to be consistent with 2-3 posts a week.

In the end it has been about me finding time to do something for me. 

Time to think and write.  To try different writing styles, to share my passion on subjects close to my heart, to laugh at myself, to vent at the world, to call out to my community...... to make the ordinary moments of my life visible for my family and friends.

To make meaning in my life and to chronicle it for my family.

Thank you for reading it...... and to those who comment......I am appreciative.

Here's to the next 500 ........ I predict 1000 by Fall 2015!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your blogging milestone Nicky! Your posts make me think, laugh and connect (but not always at the same time). Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing a part of yourself. i respect your perspectives and am appreciative for the times when they make me say "ahhhh" or "ohhhh, cool!". keep it coming, you are a lovely writer.

    ReplyDelete

Disrupted

It's been a CoVID while since I was in this space.  I'm here today to muse about disruption.  I am feeling disrupted.  I don&#...