Sunday, February 13, 2011

Baking Marathon

SPOILER ALERT  FOR SOME OF YOU!

PHEW!!! Lindsay and I have been baking ALL DAY!!  The heart cookies were easy but the volume nearly killed us.
A well used baking sheet

Heaps o' Hearts

Ready for Icing

Icing started out well - ended not so well - oh well

I found these cute boxes for my staff

Happy Heart boxes of cookies
And then there were the Cake Pops.  I got the link to bakerella from a friend and was inspired to try and make the basic cake pop.  I was feeling very intimidated but Lindsay and I toughed it out and made a couple dozen!  Super happy!!  We delivered a few tonight already... the rest tomorrow!

You start with a crumbled cake.
 Add in cream cheese icing
 Red Candy Melts
 Decorations
Make the cake/icing mix into balls and put them in the freezer for 15 minutes before inserting the popsicle stick and dipping in the red melted candy melts and sprinkle with decorations.
 VOILA!
 A dozen cake pops on their custom made cake pop stand my husband whipped up in 5 minutes flat!
 Packaged and ready to go!
Pretty and tasty!










I am all done now but still have my craft project to finish  and cards to write....... more on that tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I have to figure out how to do the dipping part better - it was a bit of a nightmare!!! Bit for a first try I was happy.

    ReplyDelete

Disrupted

It's been a CoVID while since I was in this space.  I'm here today to muse about disruption.  I am feeling disrupted.  I don&#...