Friday, April 25, 2014

Old Yeller

There are some parents who stand on the sidelines of their child's chosen sport and watch.

Quietly.

Clap politely.

Sigh and shake heads on dubious calls.

I truly admire these people.

For I am not like them.

I am a yeller.

I yell at everything, good, bad, slow, fast, sometimes for nothing at all....... I get pretty caught up in the emotion. 

For David and soccer I have mostly solved the problem by not going.  Allan is the coach after all - no need to have the screaming banshee mother along too.

For Lindsay and rugby I often am at work when the games are played and only catch a few minutes - not long enough for more than a yelp or two.

But today I was in for the long haul........ several games........on my own ..... no one to muzzle me......

I gave it some thought.

I took the big camera.

And voila....that 4 inches of lens gave me just enough distance and focus to keep my mouth shut.

Totally shut.......ok ok I cheered a couple of times and I may have huffed once or twice but by my usual standards I was mute!

And here are the fruits of my silence......














1 comment:

  1. I too am a yeller,even a camera doesn't stop me-but apparently awareness is half of the problem solved!? Gorgeous pics. Jealous cousin

    ReplyDelete

Disrupted

It's been a CoVID while since I was in this space.  I'm here today to muse about disruption.  I am feeling disrupted.  I don&#...