It was "lovely", "super", "just great"......none of which really tells the whole story.
Truth be told most people do not want to hear the "whole story" either.
For me it's about a whole lot of ordinary moments that happened in a pretty ordinary place......just not ordinary to me....which made the ordinary moments kinda special.
Some of my favourite moments:
- the warm breeze on the lanai with a spectacular view.
- An old volcano - If one could fall in love with a mountain I would be in love with Diamond Head. It took my breath away every time I set eyes on it and I took WAY too many photographs of it. It is an amazing backdrop to Waikiki.
- Palm trees waving in the breeze.
- Aloha - I loved saying it, hearing it, living it.......it is a powerful and all embracing word / feeling.
- A date with my sweetheart - waves lapping at our feet and tiki torches illuminating our yummy food.
- Stress-free time with my kids strolling along the beach or bobbing in the water.
- Watching my kids with my parents - I love the way they all love each other.
- The sun setting into the ocean (ok I do know it isn't but it sure looks like it).
- Aqua ocean
- Hiking with my family up Diamond Head......
- Seeing my 3 surfers get up and head out at the crack of dawn - so special for them to have those memories of a special time together.
- Learning about Polynesian culture
- Deciding not to "do it all" and being ok with that.
- Meeting a friend and getting to know her a bit better.
- Beach time - just to sit and read and watch people...under palm trees.
- Not hating myself in a swimsuit.
- Time - precious time - with my family - laughing, eating, chatting, walking.......
Feeling VERY grateful for the blessing it was and trying to hold onto those ordinary moments and know that many of them can happen here - without the exotic backdrop (Diamond Head oh Diamond Head - how I miss you) - if we pay attention and see the beauty around us......