Thursday, November 17, 2011
Some things I have found/learned/pondered/been amazed by:
1. I have written far more posts than I expected - it will be over 300 by the end of the year. I can honestly say that I never struggled to find the topic or the words....the most surprising things came to me just when I sat down to write.
2. Finding the time has been challenging but doable. I often write late at night and post the next day but I have never written several posts ahead.
3.I write many blog posts in my head in the middle of the night that are so much better than the ones that I end up posting. I need a direct brain to blog device.
4. I am over the panic of not posting for a day or two......if I have nothing to say or no time.... well.... no big deal.
5. I don't think I will ever be over my surprise at how many people read this - from across the globe. Just yesterday the USA surpassed the Canadians as top viewers. The list of countries from which people come is astounding......hello Bulgaria!
6. I will also always be surprised at which blog posts go viral and which are ignored....I have tried to guess.....and I am always wrong!
7. I allow anonymous commenting on my blog - many don't - I get way more conversation on my blog via Facebook than on my actual blog and I know those people. There have been some touching and interesting comments this year.
8. I love reading back over my posts - it truly is a diary of my life and I love it for that.
10. I want and need to spend more time exploring the "blogger" platform - I have a sense my blog could look better and be more streamlined - I think that will be my goal for the second year of my blogging.
11. Blogging had made me a better photographer.....I love capturing the ordinary, everyday moments and I think it will be cool for my kids to look back on ordinary days as well as big days and vacations and special moments.
12. I don't think my writing has really improved or deepened in skill or creativity and maybe a blog isn't the right place for that. I am pleased to be in the discipline of writing often. Now I need to hone my skills. There is still a book in me somewhere. I just hope there is an Editor equal to the task!
13. I am humbled by the people who read what I write - I feel at once deeply grateful and somewhat embarrassed or shy. It still takes me aback when I am telling someone a story and they interrupt me and say "Oh I know - I read it on your blog".
So thanks for being on this journey with me...I appreciate you and I'd love your feedback.....