Monday, December 20, 2010

Being away

I was downtown Seattle for an hour on my own today and I was so enjoying walking around and going in and out of stores, and being part of the hustle and bustle of Christmas shopping...... hang on a sec..... why do I love doing this here but at home it would seem like a chore?  I know Seattle pretty well - I think this is my 4th trip this year..... so while its different from home its not totally new to me.   I wish I could capture this "away" feeling at home in Richmond/ Vancouver... maybe I just need to try harder  - to see it through a new lens.
I do like the way being away makes my family a little tighter - no distractions of chores and other people (even ones we love). I am treasuring the time, trying to be in the moment and store it all up in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disrupted

It's been a CoVID while since I was in this space.  I'm here today to muse about disruption.  I am feeling disrupted.  I don&#...