Sunday, August 6, 2017

No Tears

I did not cry when we drove out of West Kelowna today.

I likely won't the next time either on Aug 23 when we pick up that lovely boy of ours from camp to be home for a few days.

But when we leave Kelowna on Sept 3 all bets are off. 

We had such a wonderful 24 hours together.  

We laughed, we ate good food, and drank good beer (I know I know - it's wine country), we one-upped with zingers and witty comebacks (kids clear winners over parents) and we talked and caught up with each other.

I did so well staying in the moment and enjoying it all and not getting too caught up on what is to come.

We walked about the UBCO campus and looked at the residences and today we checked a few items off David's dorm needs list.
This store saw us coming....
Gulp - the reality of it all made my heart twinge a tad.

It's just one more step  - one more way we all get ready for this next transition. 



I'm trying to be gentle with my heart and just take it one step at a time but as we drove away today I was hard pressed to keep the tears at bay - truly the only reason I kept them in was I didn't want them to spill onto my chocolate ice cream in a waffle cone and melt it too quickly.

Ahhhh laugher and tears are such a fine line apart sometimes eh? 

We had a good trip home with our new favourite stop en route at Chez Hofs.  

The smoke is crazy out there folks - our province is taking a beating from forest fires - spare a thought for those fighting them and those displaced and worried and those picking up the pieces of shattering situations. 


Lovely to be home and soothe myself with homey tasks like watering the garden, making a salad, laundry.  

So happy tomorrow is a stat to be enjoyed catching up on tasks and chores before a short work week - they are tricky - those short weeks..... be careful out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disrupted

It's been a CoVID while since I was in this space.  I'm here today to muse about disruption.  I am feeling disrupted.  I don&#...